26 September 2008

'Mazin!

Tonight's game was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since they say it better than I can:

On the threshold of a loss that might have left them with little more than a mathematical chance of playing in the postseason, the Mets stormed back from a three-run deficit in the final three innings to beat the Cubs, 7-6, on Thursday night.

One inning after Ryan Church ad-libbed a slide to score the tying run, Carlos Beltran lined a single off the glove of rookie first baseman Micah Hoffpauir to score Jose Reyes from second base with the decisive run in a 7-6 victory that moved the Mets to within one game of the idle first-place Phillies in the National League East and assured them of at least a share of the lead in the race for the NL Wild Card.

It was especially fun for me, as it was my last game at Shea. :( I took a bunch of pics of the stadium and I bought the final season program and the 2008 yearbook (for no small fee, either). But I lost my voice screaming, while I sat one mere row underneath the overhang, luckily not getting wet...but still freezing.

Great game. So glad I stayed for the whole thing. Kick. Ass. :)


The End.

PS I honestly don't think we have much of a chance to get into the playoffs, but here's hoping!

No comments: