30 June 2009

Marvel Divas!!!

I'm really excited about the new series we're putting out called Marvel Divas! It's a great story focusing on some of our female super heroes (Firestar, Monica Rambeau, Black Cat & Hellcat) written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (writer of the fantastic Marvel Knights 4, among others) and drawn by Tonci Zonjic (you can find some of his gorgeous art in the Brubaker/Fraction run of Iron Fist).

Now, I'll be honest, while I do think this is a GREAT book, my favourite thing about it is that it's my first foray into the world of comic-book editing! Yes, I KNOW technically I'm an editor here at Marvel, but what I edit are collections of previously created work (well, the Handbooks are new stuff, but you know what I mean). As an assistant editor on this series I actually get to have input on the story and art before it's published! It's a new experience and one that I am so far enjoying. I don't know that I'd want to make the switch permanently (not that I COULD, I'm just saying), but its definitely fun to see what it's like!

Anyway, here's a little video we've got up on Marvel.com promoting the book! Enjoy!




The End.

2 comments:

DarkDragon247 said...

No video....sniff. But I can understand your exitment about be involved in the creative process. Something I really love too. Ok, normally I do it in films or video's, but that's better than nothing, or? :)

DarkDragon247 said...

o.O and now the video's there suddenly.... somehow reminds me on "Birds of Prey"... just a bit... It can be intereting. I will check it out, but I don't think I am too much into the style of Tony, but will see. BTW, it's nice to have a voice for all the pics on your blog. ;)