03 November 2009

Re-livin' the 80s!!

So a local bar where I live (Cargo Cafe) had a fantastic event last weekend... An 80s Prom! I was wary of this at first, but as I started to gather materials for the big dance, I got more and more into it...


The decorated the bar very appropriately, calling it the Cargo High Senior Prom 1984...



Lace gloves & bangles are key, as well as the top-of-the-head ponytail (complete with bow - though I only had one with skulls on it :-P)...


Yes...I'm dancin' to 80s music. You would too. You KNOW you would...


Someone took a picture of feet, I'm in the upper left corner. It's one of the only pics where you see the effort I put in! Pink fishnets, mis-matching socks AND mis-matching Cons!! :-)


Really not much more to say, except this party was FANTASTIC. A live band played 80s covers, there was a space set up for the classic couple prom pictures, complete with pink and blue backdrop, and lots of people looking fantasticly ridiculous! :-)

The best part of this is that I was a mere 0-9 in the 80s, so I never got to fully appreciate it until after the fact. I've no doubt this is what I would have looked like had I been a teen in the 80s! :-P

PS If you're ever on Staten Island, Cargo is a cool bar with great food! Check it out!


The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you look great... you are meant for that era...
a beauty as always