16 November 2009

For the Love of Music

Warning! The following post is very corny! ;-P

So I fucking LOVE music. I know that's a fairly general statement. I mean, LOTS of people love music. But that doesn't take away from how much I love it. And recently I've been loving it even more. I've been having a rough time of it lately, not being at my happiest (love, home and money problems...yes, I am the ONLY ONE with these problems. ;-P).

But it's amazing how much better I can feel when listening to some good music. Sometimes it's the lyrics, some songs have hopeful lyrics or there's something in them I can relate to. But often it's just an emotional response to the music itself. Either way, I'm crushing on music HARD lately. ;-)

For example, yesterday while driving somewhere, I put on a Kaiser Chiefs album and the music just perked me right up. I put it louder and there was like a swelling in my chest that put me in a much better, I-could-kick-the-world's-ass-right-now, mood.

And this past Thursday, I got to enjoy An Evening with Fran Healy & Andy Dunlop (of Travis). It was amazing. Billed as "A Chronological Acoustical Journey Through The Travis Back Catalogue," the pair played all their hits in between telling stories of how the writing of these songs came about — complete with a slide show! Fran did pretty much all of the talking, and he did it well. Charming and funny, I fell in love with him. (Though I kinda already was.) It was definitely in the top three shows I've ever seen.

And the music made me cry. But in a good way. I really think Travis' songs are just beautiful. And Fran even talked about how music was priceless which was great to hear when I was standing there, tears in my eyes, big smile on my face and just a powerful feeling that everything will be ok. (Sadly, the feeling kinda faded as the show moved further into the past...)


See? Told you it would be corny. Sometimes it just has to be done! :-)

Anyway, here are some pics...


Fran with his hot tea. Haha Just think he looks adorable with his guitar and teacup! :-P


I got to meet them after! Stuck around until 1AM to do so! It was really cool of them to do this (I believe they hung around to meet anyone who wanted to after every show on the tour). They were super sweet and Fran took this picture himself! Well done!


Fran joked after seeing this picture that he needed a haircut. I agree actually. He looks so much cuter with short hair. Both of them do actually:


Very loosely related: This weekend I played DJ Hero at a friend's house. And I kicked ass (for a first-timer). I need this game! Too bad it's so frakkin' expensive...

Oh and I just came from a wedding which is why I'm wearing that fancy dress! :-P


The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you looked very nice in the wedding picture...