18 March 2011

Airbender Happiness

So if you read this blog, you know exactly how I feel about M. Knight's craptacular live-action adaptation (see previous blog: "Fuck You, M. Knight") of what I feel is one of the greatest cartoons ever created, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Do yourself a favour and WATCH THEM. So good.

ANYWAY, if you HAVE seen Airbender, then you know how good it is, and you'll be delighted to learn (if you don't already know) that there will be a new cartoon mini-series following the events of Airbender starting up next year! It's called The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra and HOLY CRAP I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!

BEWARE: SPOILERZ AHEAD! (Both of the original show and what I've learned of the new one.)

Originally slated for 2011, the show has been delayed until 2012
It's basically the story of the NEXT Avatar!! Following in the pattern, the next up would be water, but being as she's the Avatar, she has to learn airbending from the NEW last airbender, Aang's son Tenzin! Since Avatar's only appear once the previous one has died, Aang will obviously not be alive in this series, but as we've seen in the show, Avatars can communicate with past Avatars in the spirit world, so we're sure to at least see Aang!

While I am definitely sad that I know I won't see Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko and ESPECIALLY Appa & Momo, I am still SUPER excited for this! Same people involved so I expect it to be just as good. And I can at least I can HOPE for maybe flashbacks from Tenzin growing up or something. Maybe one of the old characters is still alive and a crazy old person like King Boomy from the Earth Kingdom.

Another great thing about this show... J.K. FRAKKIN' SIMMONS!!! He's slated to be the voice of Tenzin!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?

Well, anyway, just thought I'd let you know. This makes me happy after the debacle that was M. Knight's "movie." Ugh.


So those who have not seen the awesomeness that is The Last Airbender, you've got a year to catch up! Hop to!






The End.

No comments: